Who are we? We are AVESTA! Avesta is a vertically integrated company, handling acquisitions, property management, construction management and portfolio management in-house. Our Mission is to give people a home where they can live abundantly and create more community in the world. By striving to be the world’s most resident-focused company, we create lasting value and serve each of our stakeholders: teammates, capital partners, vendors, communities, and most importantly, our residents. Our strategy is to provide management that is both personal and professional to every resident, no matter the community size or location.
Our team members are on the front line creating memorable experiences for our residents. We recognize that our team members are our greatest asset. We offer our teammates health, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k), company paid life insurance, gym allowance, and much more!
Avesta was recently ranked #19 on Fortune's Top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the country!
The Community Manager is accountable for all community operations. The purpose of the Community Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate teammates, activities and available resources in order to accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Operations Manager and Avesta. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and community values.
• Directly manage all sales and service teammates to ensure continued growth and productivity.
• Oversee the hiring of new teammates in assigned community.
• Schedule initial interview and complete 1st round interviews.
• Oversee teammate development and growth.
• Train or provide training opportunities for sales and service teammates (paperwork, workplace safety, fair housing etc.).
• Maintain encouraging and positive attitude with all teammates to reach their full potential.
• Complete all teammate performance reviews.
• Coordinate teammate schedules to ensure community is staffed appropriately.
• Approve timesheets and PTO requests.
• Oversee all aspects of the community operations to ensure operational goals are achieved.
• Oversee resident interactions.
• Maintain positive attitude and provide quality customer service to all prospective and existing residents.
• Follow up with all work orders.
• Generate traffic to maintain occupancy goals in most cost effective way.
• Promote resident referrals through events, social media, and flyers.
• Encourage positive online reviews (Yelp, Google Places, Apartmentratings etc.)
• Audit Yardi reporting and resident files.
• Manage Yardi dashboard and Daily Activity Report to ensure accuracy and complete action items.
• Review Unit Availability Report and Accounts Receivable.
• Oversee completion of new resident files to ensure that lease files are complete and that the lease is being executed properly.
• Oversee and approve pending applications.
• Audit final signed lease contract and ensure files have been completed and uploaded
• Collect and post rent.
• Work with maintenance team to ensure preventative maintenance completion.
• Oversee community apartment home turns.
• Work with Service Foreman to conduct move out walk and assess apartment home specs.
• Oversee financial performance for the community.
• Oversee market survey to determine current market and sub-market trends.
• Conduct zone inspections including balconies, broken blinds, work order charge backs, unauthorized pets, satellites, BBQ grills, and trash.
• Ensure late fees and concessions are charged.
• Complete deposit accounting.
• Enter, review and approve purchases and invoices in Ops.
• Complete Accounting Month End for the community.
• Work with Operations Manager to create community budget.
• Establish Cap Ex projects for community.
• Work with vendors to obtain needed bids for Cap Ex projects.
To be successful with Avesta its important to have the following: